applications for the position of Artistic Director are now being accepted.
Formed in 1994, The Calgary Men's Chorus Society achieves excellence in the performance of choral music, creates a nurturing musical and social environment, and garners the respect of both the music community and the community at large. Since its formation the Calgary Men's Chorus has sought to broaden its audience and establish its place in the Calgary arts community while at the same time remaining an important and visible component of Calgary's LGBT community.
The Calgary Men’s Chorus is eagerly looking for an energetic, dynamic, creative, and compassionate individual to become the ensemble’s next Artistic Director.
For more information about The Calgary Men’s Chorus, visit our website: www.calgarymenschorus.org
- develop and execute a bold artistic vision and season
- select a suitable repertoire
- conduct rehearsals and performances
- conduct auditions
- develop and grow the choral sound through group and individual coaching
- plan rehearsal and performance schedules
- book and coordinate with performance venues, accompanists, instrumentalists, etc.
- promote the ensemble
- assist in the planning and implementation of chorus related activities such as fund raising activities, tours, and recordings.
- work in close collaboration with Calgary Men’s Chorus Society Board of Directors to help execute a variety of administrative tasks. This will require regular attendance at board meetings.
- excellent leadership skills
- good communication skills
- creativity and a willingness to take risks
- willingness to devote the time and energy necessary to achieve success
- ability to collaborate with a variety of artists and individuals across a broad spectrum of artistic disciplines
- degree in music or equivalent conducting experience
- knowledge and comfort with a variety of musical genres
- ability to inspire singers toward continued creativity and growth
- outstanding pedagogy and understanding of vocal technique
All interested applicants should submit a statement of interest, resume (including three references), and a draft artistic vision for one full season to:
Director Search, Calgary Men’s Chorus: email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Start date: January 1, 2016
Application Deadline: September 15, 2015