Immanuel United Church
755 Golspie Street Winnipeg, Manitoba
Immanuel United Church is seeking to fill the part-time position of Choir Director. This is a well established choir, of fifteen to eighteen people, which sings in four-part harmony. Our accomplished organist is equally skilled on our keyboard.
- choosing anthems
- appropriate for the abilities of the choir
- appropriate theologically (with consultation of the Worship Guiding Elders)
- teaching anthems, introits, hymns, offertory and Amen to the choir
- conducting the choir
- providing leadership (planning ahead, organizing for practices, making expectations clear, including the congregation in new and innovative ways vocally and instrumentally)
- communicating, as part of a team, with the appropriate individuals or groups (that is, the accompanist, the choir, the Worship Guiding Elders, the minister and other volunteer leaders)
- advanced education and/or experience in Music and Choral Music Leadership strong communication skills
- strong organizational skills
- knowledge of and experience with the United Church of Canada
- ability to see the choir and the congregation as a choral whole
Terms of Employment
- This position is a yearly appointment, subject to renewal.
- Choir practices are on Thursday evenings from 7 to 9 p.m. and one-half hour before the service starts on Sunday.
- Worship services are each Sunday at 11:00 a.m. for approximately one hour.
- Choir practice begins after the long-weekend in September and the choir continues to sing at worship until the end of May.
- Two months notice of termination of employment is requested. The church has the right to offer two months notice of termination.
- The annual salary, commensurate with education, abilities and experience, is to be divided into 9 equal monthly payments from September to May. Vacation pay of 4% is given each month in addition to salary.
- The Choir Director is subject to an annual review and is accountable to the Ministry and Personnel committee.
- If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, along with the names of two references, marked “Personal and Confidential” to:
Choir Director Search Committee
Immanuel United Church
755 Golspie Street
Winnipeg MB R2K 2V4