Broadway First Baptist Church
We are in search for a new Music Director for our church; located in Wolseley/ West Broadway community in Winnipeg, MB. In accordance with the mission and guiding principles of our church, the Music Director will report to the Board of Deacons and the Pastor, and will:
- Direct the activities of the Choir, including Sunday worship service, mid-week evening choir rehearsal (September to June), and other special occasions as required.
- Work in collaboration with the organist and, as required, provide musical accompaniment for Sunday worship services, mid-week Choir rehearsals, and other special occasions.
- Consult regularly with the Pastor regarding worship service music selection and participate in meetings of the Worship Planning Commission.
- Develop and coordinate other musical groups in the Church.
- Engage regularly with members of the congregation regarding the role of music in the Church.
- Research, select and arrange the purchase of suitable sacred music, as well as hire paid musicians for special occasions, within the approved Church music budget.
- Other duties as may be negotiated.
This position is considered as part-time (10 hours per week). Salary to be negotiated.
Applicants are invited to visit the church web site at : www.broadwayfirst.org
Please send résumé, including two references with contact information:
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Music Director Search Committee
c/o Broadway-First Baptist Church
790 Honeyman Avenue
Winnipeg MB R3G 0Y1