APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF CO-DIRECTOR ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED.
Formed in 1999, The Rainbow Harmony Project achieves excellence in the performance of choral music, creates a nurturing musical and social environment, and garners the respect of both the music community and the community at large while at the same time remaining an important and visible component of Winnipeg's LGBT community.
The Rainbow Harmony Project is eagerly looking for an energetic, dynamic, creative, and compassionate individual to become the ensemble’s next leader as Co-Director.
For more information about The Rainbow Harmony Project, visit our website: www.rainbowharmonyproject.ca
- help develop and execute a bold artistic vision and season
- help select suitable repertoire
- share the conducting of rehearsals and performances
- help develop and grow the choral sound through group and individual coaching
- help plan rehearsal and performance schedules
- assist in the planning and implementation of chorus related activities such as fund raising activities, tours, and recordings.
- work with Rainbow Harmony Project's Board of Directors to help execute a variety of administrative tasks. Attendance at board meetings is optional.
- excellent leadership skills
- good communication skills
- creativity and a willingness to take risks
- willingness to devote the time and energy necessary to achieve success
- ability to collaborate with a variety of artists and individuals across a broad spectrum of artistic disciplines
- degree in music or equivalent conducting experience
- knowledge and comfort with a variety of musical genres
- ability to inspire singers toward continued creativity and growth
- outstanding pedagogy and understanding of vocal technique
All interested applicants should submit a statement of interest, education and choral experience to: Co-Director Search, Rainbow Harmony Project: email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Monday, May 30, 2016
Interviews will take place mid June, 2016
Start date: September 1, 2016
Artistic Director: Johanna Hildebrand