Prairie Voices Inc. Assistant Director Mentorship Program
Prairie Voices is searching for an Assistant Director! As part of the PVI Assistant Director Mentorship Program, the successful candidate will occupy the role of Assistant Director of Prairie Voices under the tutelage of Artistic Director Geung Kroeker-Lee.
- Candidates must be starting, in the process of completing, or have completed a Bachelor’s Degree with a Major or Minor in Music;
- Previous choral directing experience at Jr. High or High School level. (examples include workshops, church choirs, and honour choirs)
Length of Term
- The Assistant Director Mentorship will be for a renewable annual term, to last a maximum of two years.
- Mentees shall receive $2500.00 per season, to be paid in eight equal installments of $312.50 on the first of each month from September through May.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Attend all Prairie Voices rehearsals and concerts;
- Attend Prairie Voices Inc. board meetings;
- Attend Artistic Director meetings;
- Prepare repertoire for rehearsals and concerts as chosen by the Artistic Director;
- Review Artistic Director correspondence via email regarding rehearsal progress and
- performance notes;
- Meet with Artistic Director once per month outside of regularly scheduled
- rehearsals and Artistic Director meetings to discuss ongoing musical growth;
- Assist the Artistic Director with the audition process for Prairie Voices in May/June of each year.
Keys to Success
- Take every opportunity to learn from the Artistic Director on and off the stage;
- Be active in your constant communication and growth;
- Be over-prepared, on time and disciplined in your role as Assistant Director;
- Get to know the singers, maintaining a professional relationship with all;
- Remember that all choral directors never stop learning, no matter their years of experience.
- Professional Development money may be available upon request, subject to approval by the Prairie Voices Inc. Board of Directors;
- Mentorship under the Artistic Director allows him/her final say on all artistic decisions, using your input for added assistance.
Applicants should submit their applications by March 31, 2017 at 5pm. Applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
Applications must include:
- A 10-minute rehearsal video in which the camera faces the candidate. This video
- must be made available to the selection committee via streaming;
- A cover letter;
- A CV which includes 2-3 references;
- A repertoire list for performed pieces and a repertoire list for rehearsed pieces over
- the past two years.