.50 FTE Permanent
Applications are now being accepted for the .50 FTE Permanent position of Pembina Trails Voices – Program Consultant, effective September 5, 2017.
The successful candidate will become part of the division’s program consultant team. Members of this team report to the Assistant Superintendent of Education - Program.
Pembina Trails Voices is an affiliated program of Winnipeg’s Pembina Trails School Division. The overriding goal of Pembina Trails Voices is to have students participate in an exciting choral program which values community, self-empowerment, personal growth, hard-work, and a desire and drive to participate in achieving something truly outstanding! PTV is in a unique position to empower students from across the division to come together and create exceptional musical experiences. It is our belief that these experiences help shape a student’s character and instill in them a sense of pride which can remain with them for years to come. The program is for students in kindergarten through grade 12. Through their performances, PTV also seeks to enrich the cultural life of Pembina Trails and the greater Winnipeg area, and promotes the cultural exchange of music by performing locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Be highly organized and articulate in sharing ideas.
- Possess excellent collaboration, communication, decision-making, facilitation, problem-
- solving, and technological skills.
- Possess excellent leadership skills in the acquisition, distribution, management, and selection of appropriate repertoire and resources.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to excellence in learning and teaching.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to professional development and growth.
- Valid Manitoba Teacher’s Certificate with extensive experience as a skilled Choral Pedagogue.
- Bachelor’s, Post Baccalaureate Certificate, or Master’s Degree in Music Education Skills;
- Experience working with volunteer boards.
- Experience and an understanding in administering budgets.
- Experience in office administration.
- Skills in website maintenance and social media communications.
- Experience working with Microsoft Access.
It is the responsibility of the Pembina Trails Voices Program Consultant to administer and the division-wide choral program. The PTV Consultant serves as the artistic oversight person, the principle conductor, and leads the operations for Pembina Trails Voices. The PTV Consultant main role is to oversee the general operations of the program, as well as further its artistic ideals. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Maintaining and communicating a clear vision of the value and goals of the choral program within the tenets of Pembina Trails School Division.
- Maintaining contact with music teachers in the school division.
- Meeting with the PTV Parent Council on a monthly basis, and acting as the liaison between the council and PTV staff, and Pembina Trails School Division.
- Overseeing all aspects of the program, including budgets, music library, uniforms, auditions and the concert season.
- Hiring and administering contracts for conductors and pianists.
- Organizing two tours per year, either local, national, or international.
- Meeting with parents as needed, to discuss any pertinent issues.
- Communicating with PTV members through regular website updates, social media sites and newsletters.
- Organizing rehearsal schedules and venues for the 8 choirs of PTV.
- Visiting the various choir rehearsals and communicating with the conductors.
- Any other responsibilities as required.
Qualified applicants must apply on-line to competition 06-231-17 PR, including a statement outlining their philosophy of education. The names of three references are required.
Compensation will consist of teacher’s salary as per collective agreement plus a consultant’s allowance.
Closing Date: 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June 21, 2017.