MANITOBA CHORAL ASSOCIATION POSITION DESCRIPTION
TITLE: Office Assistant, 0.5 FTE (1 year term)
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
To assist the Executive Director by helping to establish and maintain an efficient and effective provincial office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in all administrative functions of the MCA office, including:
- Mail preparation
- Assembly of information packages
- Maintaining data bases (e.g. membership list, program registrations, volunteers, etc.)
- Equipment maintenance
- Maintaining cleanliness and safety of office space
- Ordering supplies
- All other office management tasks
- Help oversee the maintenance and function of the music library
- Receive phone calls and welcome office visitors professionally, in a timely manner, and with courtesy and warmth.
- Receive donations over the phone and in person as required.
- Process all incoming mail
- Process and receipt donations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process daily deposit of cash receipts when required.
- Attend Board, Executive and Committee meetings as required by Executive Director
- Establish and maintain relevant communications, electronic and conventional, with the following:
- Board members
- Regional committees
- Assist Executive Director in execution and implementation of MCA programs
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Intermediate computer knowledge including use of databases, word processing, spreadsheets, e-mail and electronic scheduling applications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Attention to detail including effective management of quantitative information.
- Team player, ability to work effectively with colleagues and volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Creative, flexible and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Education and Experience
- Minimum Grade 12 education.
- 2 years’ experience in an office environment preferred. Training in office administration is an asset.
- Not for profit experience desirable.
- MCA staff and volunteers
- Board Members
- National & Provincial Choral Associations
- General Public
- Delivery and Service Persons
- Supply and Service Vendors
- Building Management
Application Deadline: Friday, February 24, 2017
Apply To: firstname.lastname@example.org