Advanced Choral Conducting
Intensive for Conductors and Music Educators with Dr. Catherine Robbins and Dr. Elroy Friesen
This course may be taken for graduate credit in both Education and Music Faculties.
Registration deadline: June 1, 2018
POST YOUR PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITY HERE
Submit details to: email@example.com.
There are no PD events listed at this time.
Wednesday, April 19, 3 pm, Sturgeon Creek United Church
Elmer Iseler Singers, with Lydia Adams conducting, will host a free workshop for local singers who have pre-register and have purchased a concert ticket. To register, contact Alison at SCUC Office firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 204-832-1000. REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS April 13, 2017.
The Canadian Conference for Music Education hosted by CMEA and MMEA is going to be an extraordinary event in Winnipeg, July 9 – 11, 2015. It is certain to be a professional development opportunity you do not want to miss.
Please visit the Conference Website for full details and registration information: http://cmeaconference.ca
Sessions for choral conductors and educators
For full information and session descriptions go to http://cmeaconference.ca/sessions/
Ron McCurdy (University of Southern California)
- Hey Vocalist; Let’s Sing the Hip Notes
Julia Davids (North Park University – Chicago)
- Focus on Choirs- Basics of vocal techniques
- Focus on Choirs- Impactful Vocal Warm-ups!
- Focus on Choirs- Taking it to the Next Level
- Focus on Choirs- Vocal Health and Development
Dominic Gregorio (University of Regina)
- Words Matter: Lessons from Psychology for the Choral Rehearsal
- The Constructivist Choral Rehearsal: Getting Your Singers on Your Side
Adam Con (University of Victoria)
- The ABC’s of Kinesthetic Movement in the Choral Rehearsal
- Why the Conducting Pattern Fails Us in the Choral Rehearsal!
Zimfira Poloz (University of Toronto – Hamilton Children’s Choir )
- Bridges of Sound Concept from Eastern Europe to North America
- World of Young Singers and Joy of Singing
Scott Leithead (Edmonton)
- Programming World Music
- Motivating and Inspiring the Next Generation of Musicians
Lori-Ann Doloff (University of Toronto)
Rodger Beatty (Brock University)
- Enhancing Student Learning Through Effective Assessment
Susan Brumfield (Texas Tech University)
- FIRST, WE SING! Songs and Games for the Music Classroom (Sessions One and Two)
- HOT PEAS AND BARLEY-O: Children’s Songs and Games from Scotland (Session 3)
- OVER THE GARDEN WALL: Children’s Songs and Games from England (Session 4)
MANY, MANY MORE sessions of broad interest to all music educators.
This event is different
This event is going to be extraordinary - a professional development opportunity you do not want to miss. Here’s how this event is different from TEMPO or from any other Music Conference.
7 main presentation streams
- All music disciplines under one roof. (Session details on the CMEA Conference Website.)
- Early Years Music Education
- Choral Music Education (includes Vocal Jazz)
- Band and Jazz Music Education
- Guitar and String Music Education
- Multi-purposed Stream – technology, community music making, musician health and much more.
- Research Stream - papers and presentations for a diverse audience
- Canadian Music Administrators Collaborative: a pre-conference event.
World Class Clinicians, presenters and researchers.
Opening reception at the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
Keynote address by Award winning Inuk singer-songwriter Susan Aglukark.
Conference packed with top level performances including Kokopelli Choir from Edmonton and the University of Toronto Jazz Orchestra
Connect and build new relationships with music education icons, mentors, colleagues, from across Canada and Internationally
Visit the conference Website for full details and registration information. http://cmeaconference.ca
Join CMEA through the MMEA and receive a $50 discount on the conference fee. http://mymmea.ca/cmeamembership.html
Approach your school and school division or your local teachers association for summer PD funds
The Podium 2016 Conference & Festival Committee invites the submission of applications for choral performance and proposals for the presentation of interest sessions and lecture recitals.
The deadline to apply for choral performance at Podium is 15 May 2015.
The deadline to submit proposals for interest sessions and lecture recitals is 15 May 2015.
Vancouver Chamber Choir
Jon Washburn, Conductor
January 19 – 24, 2015
An intensive workshop with Master Conductor Jon Washburn and Canada’s premiere choral ensemble, the Vancouver Chamber Choir.
The Vancouver Chamber Choir’s 35th Annual National Conductors’ Symposium is an opportunity to take part in master-classes as a conductor or observer. Learn choral techniques, conducting gesture, score interpretation and more. Each conductor will conduct before an audience, as part of the Choir’s regular concert season.
For information and an application form:
Application deadline: November 7, 2014
Friday, October 24, 2014
Mennonite Brethren Collegiate,
180 Riverton Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Dr. John Feierabend
- Jeffrey Agrell
- Melanie DeMore
- Steve Houghton
- David Newell
- Kris Olson
- along with many others
For more information and registration, go to the MMEA website here.
The Association of Music Administrators of Manitoba (AMAM) in cooperation with MMEA is pleased to announce their 7th annual Leadership Conference
- Thursday, October 23, 2014 - The day before SAGE
- 8:30 AM Registration, Canad Inns Polo Park, 1405 St. Matthews Ave, Winnipeg MB
- 4:00 PM Wine and Cheese
- Friday, Oct. 24th – 6:00pm – 10:00pm Centennial Concert Hall - Included in your registration fee
- Music Education and Community
- Social Justice in the Music Community
- Artistic Citizenship
- Dr. David J. Elliott – Professor of Music and Director of Music Education – New York University.
- Author of Music Matters
- Bill Kristjanson, Eric Marshall and the AMAM Leadership Team
- $100.00 (includes teacher appreciation concert and reception)
Who should attend?
- All music educators
- Music Coordinators, Consultants, Team Leaders, Music Department Heads
- School Administrators of any level