The Canadian Conference for Music Education hosted by CMEA and MMEA is going to be an extraordinary event in Winnipeg, July 9 – 11, 2015. It is certain to be a professional development opportunity you do not want to miss.
Please visit the Conference Website for full details and registration information: http://cmeaconference.ca
Sessions for choral conductors and educators
For full information and session descriptions go to http://cmeaconference.ca/sessions/
Ron McCurdy (University of Southern California)
- Hey Vocalist; Let’s Sing the Hip Notes
Julia Davids (North Park University – Chicago)
- Focus on Choirs- Basics of vocal techniques
- Focus on Choirs- Impactful Vocal Warm-ups!
- Focus on Choirs- Taking it to the Next Level
- Focus on Choirs- Vocal Health and Development
Dominic Gregorio (University of Regina)
- Words Matter: Lessons from Psychology for the Choral Rehearsal
- The Constructivist Choral Rehearsal: Getting Your Singers on Your Side
Adam Con (University of Victoria)
- The ABC’s of Kinesthetic Movement in the Choral Rehearsal
- Why the Conducting Pattern Fails Us in the Choral Rehearsal!
Zimfira Poloz (University of Toronto – Hamilton Children’s Choir )
- Bridges of Sound Concept from Eastern Europe to North America
- World of Young Singers and Joy of Singing
Scott Leithead (Edmonton)
- Programming World Music
- Motivating and Inspiring the Next Generation of Musicians
Lori-Ann Doloff (University of Toronto)
Rodger Beatty (Brock University)
- Enhancing Student Learning Through Effective Assessment
Susan Brumfield (Texas Tech University)
- FIRST, WE SING! Songs and Games for the Music Classroom (Sessions One and Two)
- HOT PEAS AND BARLEY-O: Children’s Songs and Games from Scotland (Session 3)
- OVER THE GARDEN WALL: Children’s Songs and Games from England (Session 4)
MANY, MANY MORE sessions of broad interest to all music educators.
This event is different
This event is going to be extraordinary - a professional development opportunity you do not want to miss. Here’s how this event is different from TEMPO or from any other Music Conference.
7 main presentation streams
- All music disciplines under one roof. (Session details on the CMEA Conference Website.)
- Early Years Music Education
- Choral Music Education (includes Vocal Jazz)
- Band and Jazz Music Education
- Guitar and String Music Education
- Multi-purposed Stream – technology, community music making, musician health and much more.
- Research Stream - papers and presentations for a diverse audience
- Canadian Music Administrators Collaborative: a pre-conference event.
World Class Clinicians, presenters and researchers.
Opening reception at the Canadian Museum for Human Rights.
Keynote address by Award winning Inuk singer-songwriter Susan Aglukark.
Conference packed with top level performances including Kokopelli Choir from Edmonton and the University of Toronto Jazz Orchestra
Connect and build new relationships with music education icons, mentors, colleagues, from across Canada and Internationally
Visit the conference Website for full details and registration information. http://cmeaconference.ca
Join CMEA through the MMEA and receive a $50 discount on the conference fee. http://mymmea.ca/cmeamembership.html
Approach your school and school division or your local teachers association for summer PD funds