PHC Audition Information
The purpose of our Provincial Honour Choirs program is to bring together young choristers from all regions of our province to experience the unique joy and sense of musical community that develops through the art of fine choral music making with dynamic and dedicated choral directors. Students are auditioned by a team of experts throughout Manitoba, and conductors and teachers are asked to ensure the high quality of this program by recommending their best singers.
- Singers registering for the Adult Choir are not required to audition.
- Students who are current members of a regional youth choir, a school division/honour choir, or an auditioned community choir in Manitoba may apply without being auditioned. Their conductors are asked to supply audition information to the MCA office.
Recommendation by conductors/teachers does not guarantee a position at PHC as space is limited. The PHC audition team and conductors will have the final decision on the composition of the choirs. Please also note that travel and accommodation arrangements are the responsibility of the singer.
The audition process includes four tests in the following areas: 1) vocal range, 2) aural skills, 3) sight singing, and 4) performance
- Students must fill out the Personal Data Form and submit a physical copy at the audition.
- Auditioners will record all audition information on the Evaluation Form for singers not belonging to an auditioned ensemble.
- Teachers, if you require the complete audition package please contact the MCA office. Thank you for encouraging your singers to participate in PHC.
Personal Data and Evaluation Forms must be submitted to the MCA office by December 1st. They may be submitted by mail or fax.