Audition to be in Winnipeg’s dynamic young adult choral ensemble!
- Weekly rehearsals with people who love what you love
- Explore eclectic and challenging choral music
- Workshop with Canada’s top vocal and choral experts
- Perform in Manitoba’s top choral venues
- Tour within and outside Canada
Prairie Voices is looking for singers who are:
- Ages 18-25
- Love to sing, particularly with other people
- Have choral singing experience
- Have some music reading skills, strong sense of pitch and rhythm, and understand basic vocal technique
What to expect in your audition:
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your audition.
- Your audition will last roughly 10 minutes. Immediately following the audition, you will be asked to complete a short theory placement worksheet which should take about 15 minutes. But you are welcome to take as long as you need.
Applicants will be asked to:
- Sing a short a cappella (unaccompanied) song in any style, memorized
- Sight-sing a short, simple musical passage
- Basic ear training skill evaluation (sing back simple musical passages)
- Sing simple scales and vocal exercises to determine singer’s vocal range
- Participate in a short discussion with the director
- A short placement basic music theory worksheet (A poor result on this test does not disqualify you from participation in this choir. It is merely for the director to understand your growth as a musician.)
Every year Prairie Voices includes singers with varying levels experience and skill; the potential of the applicant's voice, as well as the applicant's attitude and personality, are important factors in our decision process.
June 9-10 2017
Young United Church, 222 Furby St. (at Broadway), Winnipeg, MB