To Praise God through the Voices of Children
The Winnipeg Children’s Choir was formed in 2008 to continue the work of its predecessor, The Winnipeg Mennonite Children’s Choir. Judy Neufeld Urbonas, former chorister, alumnus and Assistant Director to WMCC’s Founder, Helen Litz, is joined by Kimberly Lind, Assistant Director, to provide a unique music-making experience to children aged 8-18.
We are dedicated to offering children of all ages and skill levels a musical education that will provide a well-rounded appreciation of music and the world around them. Through music education, children can grow from beginners into advanced musicians and will experience development in areas including but not limited to:
· Social Skill – Directors and Singer interactions
· Language/Culture Appreciation – we teach songs from all around the world, including authentic language and choreography.
· Performance Ability – Choristers grow in performance etiquette and ability with some going on to careers in the music field, including performance.
· Music Appreciation – We work on music from many musical genres, such as: classical, folk, musicals, world music, worship music, and seasonal.
The choir rehearses on Tuesday evenings from 6 pm to 8 pm at North Kildonan Mennonite Church, 1131 Roch Street in Winnipeg.
We are looking for more choristers who:
· Love to sing
· Are committed to attendance, participation and willingness to learn challenging music
· Have parents who support our mission
Contact Judy Urbonas at 204-253-0417 or firstname.lastname@example.org